Jan 10, 2015

Ginseng Chicken Soup Restaurant


Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup) Restaurant

Baek Nyeon Baekse Ginseng Chicken Soup


Samgyetang is a chicken soup made with a small, whole chicken and ginseng.
It’s an iconic summer dish in Korea.

Koreans eat this boiling-hot soup to beat the heat and stay energized during the summer.
However, it doesn't mean we eat Samgyetang only in summer.
Everyone loves eating this in all seasons, especially when we feel weak and sick. :)

Many of my Asian friends like this soup,
but I think it can be very unique and different for westerners.
You should try! It's delicious and very healthy!! :D

The chicken is stuffed with soaked sweet rice (glutinous rice).

Garlic, ginger and jujubes(dried red dates) are other common ingredients.


I can't say this restaurant is very special,
but it has been on this busy Hongdae street for so long.
I think that means many things.
It's a just simple Samgyetang restaurant where you can have original Samgyetang,
 and all the dishes include Kimchi taste nice here. :-)

 


I ordered Perilla Seeds Samgyetang.
The soup is thicker than original Samgyetang.
I like both of original one and Perilla Seeds Samgyetang. 



My friend ordered Black Garlic Samgyetang, and we don't recommend that.
It was too garlicky.
The color of the soup was dark brown, and it had quite strong smell.
Tasted alright, but I think it may too strong for foreigners. 
(I took some photos of it, but they look weird in dark brown color,

I will try to take another photo next time! )



If you are travelling Korea and feeling bit tired,
or if you're very cold and sick,
Samgyetang will be a good choice for you.
It will give you some energy!!! and it will make your body warmer !! :D

I always look for Samgyetang when I'm lacking in energy. :))




* Business Hours: 9:30 am ~ 10:30 pm. Everyday

* Add: 354-12, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
        서울시 마포구 서교동 354-12

* How to get there?



No comments:

Post a Comment